Sunday, January 23, 2011

Championship Sunday Picks

This is the most exciting weekend in the NFL. You have the four best teams going at it for the ultimate prize...a trip to the Super Bowl. The two games this weekend ought to be great.

Green Bay (-3) @ Chicago
Aaron Rodgers is looking like the second coming of Joe Montana and everyone's riding the Packers wave through this game and into Dallas. I say, not so fast. This will not be a walkaway. Jay Cutler is playing the best football of his life and the Bears defense isn't going to lay down like Atlanta and Philly did. Julius Peppers and Brian Urlacher are going to have a say on how many points Green Bay will score. After all my bragging about Chicago, I'm still not sold on this game. The Packers defense will give Cutler fits as well and I see this as a relatively low scoring contest. I'm taking the Packers, only because Vegas is ALWAYS right on Championship Sunday but I'm still not truly sold on my prediction.

Green Bay 17 Chicago 14

Jets (+3) @ Steelers
I really like the way the Jets have been playing the last two weeks and they have all the swagger in the world right now. Sanchez is making good decisions, the line is blocking for the run game, and the defense looks solid. However, you can fake swagger all you want...you can't fake competence. Going into Indy, and winning. Going into Foxboro, and winning. And now going into Pittsburgh...and winning? I don't think so, the stars don't line up like that too often. Pittsburgh is no joke. Roethlisberger and his running game are ok, but the defense is spectacular. This might fare bad for the Jets but I've been wrong before.

Jets 10 Steelers 21


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. Chi/GB Under 42 is the lock of the weekend! Line has moved from 44 to 42

    ReplyDelete